Re: Recommend a good networking book

Alan Cox wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2008 13:27:09 +0100
Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thursday 22 May 2008 10:21:11 Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested in learning Networking basics and advanced concepts. If
anybody could recommend a great Networking book(s) it would be
awesome!... specially if it's GNU & Linux (fedora) related.

Networking is networking :-)

I have 'Computer Networks and Internets' by Douglas E. Comer, published Prentice Hall. It's a dry read, but held in high regard.

Tanenbaum 'Computer Networks' is pretty good on the "how it works" reality
of networking in general and quite readable. Depends if you want to know
about networking, about socket based network programming or about
configuring/admining networks

And might I add that for finishing touches:
  Michael Rash - Linux Firewalls
  Carla Schroder - Linux Networking Cookbook

They are within reach of my office console.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>