Re: qemu wicked slow in F9

Justin Conover wrote:
Two different box's I have tried virt-manager with qemu on F9 has been moving wicked slow.

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND 13327 root 20 0 1112m 1.0g 1920 R 95.4 26.7 6:49.61 qemu-system-x86
Two obvious possibilities:
1 - do you have the right hardware for virtual support or are
    you running pure software emulation?
2 - if you have the right hardware, it it enabled?

I have been running kvm on a proper machine, so I can't really tell you how something else would run, but those are the prime reasons why qemu and xen work poorly. You never have that problem with kvm, because it won't try on a machine without the right hardware. Well, it will if you tell it to be software-only qemu, but you get the idea.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>