Re: OT:AMD Phenom motherboard for FC9

Mick M. wrote:
Hi;
  Now that F9 is out I thought I would build a new system.
I want to use the AMD Phenom quad core cpu.
I only upgrade hardware every few years so this is a big jump from Athlon 2500 with 512M memory.
I have been researching which motherboard to get and keep running into snags.
Newegg reviews have confused me.
It seems that a lot of motherboards are NOT Phenom ready.
Bad bios etc.
How do you update the bios when it won't even post?

Here is AMD's recommended Mb's
http://products.amd.com/en-us/RecommendedMBResult.aspx?f1=AMD+Phenom%e2%84%a2+X4+Quad-Core&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&;

Would you listers that have actually built a system and had it work right off recomend a setup?

Thanks
  Mick M
Death before Decaf!!!

Download and read the manuals on flashing the BIOS before you order.

I have never had an issue flashing any ASUS board I have.

On that note, my new ASUS motherboard required flashing right after building it to get the memory to work correctly.

--
Robin Laing