Re: f9 revisor silently exits SOLVED

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:38 AM, stan <goedigi89__e@xxxxxxx> wrote:
David L wrote:
I've never used revisor before, so maybe I don't know what to
expect, but when I run revisor in f9, it silently exits.  When I try
it on f8, it pops up a gui.  Is f9 revisor broken?

     David

Brings up the gui on F9 here.  I've never used it so I can't say it works, just that is brings up the gui.  Check for message in /var/log/messages or with dmesg.

dmesg shows nothing.  But running revisor with "--debug 8"
showed the problem:

revisor --debug 8
Setting options from configuration file
<snip>...
Setting gui_mode to False (from command line)
<snip>...
Setting cli_mode to False (from command line)
<snip>...
Architecture list: ['athlon', 'i686', 'i586', 'i486', 'i386', 'noarch']

I don't know why it decided to not run in gui mode.  This
was a new f9 install updated as of this morning.  The only
thing I can think of is that the first time I tried to to run it
from the command line was via a ssh session without display
forwarding.  I realized my mistake and forwarded displays
the second time I tried it but the behavior was the same...
did it remember my first attempt and disable the gui?
Or is it non-gui by default in f9?

Thanks,

            David