Re: USB drive install

Bill Davidsen wrote:
If I do an FC9 install on a USB drive, including writing the grub to the MBR on the USB drive, is there any reason why I can't pull the plug and leave the system untouched?

I have that exact setup right now. I have a laptop which will boot, in order, from the following devices:

DVD Drive
USB Hard Drive
Internal Hard Drive

I've had F8 on the internal for a while, and wanted to test F9 without having to risk blowing up some custom settings on F8. Other than being a bit slow at times because of the USB, it's worked fine. One thing you might want to note is that it will find and use the swap on the internal drive when booting off the USB.

Mike