Re: F9: libusb & palm syncing not working

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Brian Mury <brianmury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 15:07 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
I wonder if you have done the basic configuration described in
/usr/share/doc/pilot-link?  Look in README-usb and README-fedora.  You
have to copy a udev config file out of one directory and into another
in order to make it work.  And I think it is also necessary to add
your user  to the group "uucp"  but I just learned that from usenet
conversation, not the manual.
Yes, I did all of that.

One thing is to try to run pilot-link as root.  If it works there,
then you have the old permission problem.
I did that too, no luck.

Well, if I don't get this to work for my colleague, I suppose I'll
have to install Ubuntu to see if that works.

pj

In the words of some obscure or famous person somewhere at sometime:

Victory is a mindset not an end result.

Easier said than done of course.
My .0000000000000000002 cents

--
On the eighth day he said "There shall be no rest for the weary."

On the ninth day he farted, and it smelled like sulphur.