Re: Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:55:20 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> M A Young wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>
>> If you aren't getting sound from more than just flash, check all the
>> sliders in the volume control, including the ones not displayed by
>> default. I had the problem that one of the sliders (possibly Surround)
>> was muted. Incidentally, if you have x86_64 you need
>> libflashsupport.i386 as well as x86_64.
>>
> Some info and a question: I went to the adobe site and found that the
> flash for Linux has been upgraded from v115 to v124. I installed that
> and it didn't help. So how do I see the undisplayed sliders? I checked
> "show all" in pavucontrol, and alsamixer show nothing but pulse, so
> where are these other sliders?
>
> On the volume control the output output muted is the PC speaker, and the
> inputs are all enabled for all output and input devices. And output
> things like the "play" command work just fine. Haven't D/L mplayer to
> try that, but all the annoting snaps, crackles, pops, and chortles occur
> when a window is opened or closed, and when some menu items are
> selected. Other than flash the sound works fine.
>
> --
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
>    "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
> the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot

I do have mplayer and sound doesn't work there either. I tried

mplayer -ao alsa
and
mplayer -ao pulse
and
mplayer -ao sdl

and nothing. I get messages like

[Mixer] No hardware mixing, inserting volume filter.4%  0%  0.8% 0 0

or

[Mixer] No hardware mixing, inserting volume filter.
[AO_ALSA] Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0.

I too have a bt tuner card. I'm not sure whether it's pulseaudio or hal
messing up things, or whatever detects the devices.