Re: Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Some info and a question: I went to the adobe site and found that the flash for Linux has been upgraded from v115 to v124. I installed that and it didn't help. So how do I see the undisplayed sliders? I checked "show all" in pavucontrol, and alsamixer show nothing but pulse, so where are these other sliders?

If you right click on the speaker icon you can select "Open Volume Control" and then in preferences tick the boxes to show more controls. I think amixer -c 0 may to this in command line mode or alsamixer -c0

On the volume control the output output muted is the PC speaker, and the inputs are all enabled for all output and input devices. And output things like the "play" command work just fine. Haven't D/L mplayer to try that, but all the annoting snaps, crackles, pops, and chortles occur when a window is opened or closed, and when some menu items are selected. Other than flash the sound works fine.

play is a bad example, because I think that still uses the old sound interface OSS. But if you are getting sound from other windows it is probably just flash. Note for x86_64 you need libflashsupport.i386 to get sound working.

	Michael Young