Re: Build Nvidia driver for Fedora 9, AMD?

> Greetings.  I've been unable to build the latest Nvidia driver for
> Fedora 9, AMD 64.  I've tried building all three variations:
>
>     NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-169.12-pkg2.run
>     NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-96.43.05-pkg2.run
>     NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-71.86.04-pkg2.run
>
> System details and installer log are appended.  If you know how to build
> this driver, please let me know.

Because of the changes in the xorg abi and the 2.6.25 kernel, none of
those are going to build.

nVIDIA needs to release a new set of drivers to support Fedora 9 and/or
xorg 1.5.

There is a beta but you have to disable most of the useful bits to get it
to work.  (And the beta does not work at all if you have a video card only
supported in the legacy drivers.)

nVIDIA claims that they will release new drivers when the xorg 1.5 final
is released.  (Even though they know there are no more changes to the
abi.)  When that will be is anyones guess.  It was supposed to be this
month, but the x.org wiki is missing any meaningful release date
information.

I hope it is soon.  The nv driver is slow on this box and the nouveau
driver pukes blood on this chipset.