Re: KDE4 FC9 taskbar dead

On Saturday 17 May 2008 16:53, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I had something like this happen to me.  I hesitated
> to ask, fixed it by deleting .kde directory altogether
> from booting into level 3, restarted the machine and
> set things up again and it worked for me.  I know it
> is not an elegant solution, but I wanted the panel to
> work.

Deleting .kde can be done from another desktop, if you have one installed.
It's a certain cure for any misconfiguration, but of course you lose all your
customisation.  A better solution is to rename it, e.g. .kde.old, in case you
need something from there - mail directories, for instance.  It's far from
ideal, but while things are in a state of flux it may be the best answer at
times.

Anne