Re: FC9 KDE4 - Kaffeine and desktop icons

Mick M. <off_by_1 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> When I right-click on the desktop kaffeine icon, and left click "remove this
> icon" - it goes away.
> When I reboot it comes back

This is a glitch in how the icons are handled, you also have to delete the
shortcut (.desktop file, symbolic link or whatever was used) from your
~/Desktop directory with a file manager.

> While running kaffeine:
> Pause stops the video, pause or play continues the video.
> Stop pauses the video instead of showing the football.
> Play restarts from the beginning.
>
> The stop button should not pause the video.
> It has updated since the FC9 install.
> You could click pause and then stop.
> Both buttons would stay down.
> Play would restart.

Well, Kaffeine is still the same KDE 3 application, so I'm not sure what would
have changed its behavior there. We recently made some changes related to the
xine-lib PulseAudio backend (both in F9 and in an F8 update), maybe you're
using a different backend now and that changed it? Try changing the "xine
parameters" in Kaffeine to select a different backend, "pulseaudio" is the
native PulseAudio backend which should now be preferred, "alsa" is the ALSA
backend which should work through the ALSA PulseAudio plugin.

> Also the digital clock has no seconds, needed for eBay sniping.

Unfortunately, that option appears to be simply missing in the KDE 4 clock. :-(

        Kevin Kofler