Re: F9 & jigdo

Ric Moore wrote:
On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 11:19 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
ucdavis mirror appears to be disfunctional in some way

dysfunctional. :) Ric

jigdo is a tool designed to search a list of servers and locate the slowest or most broken ones and then hang trying to use them. It's good for updates and spins, bad for initial download.

My daughter has 50Mbit and as of 38hrs no install media, it took me ~3.5hr to get media using torrent.

Matter of using the wrong tool for the job.

Incidentally, I don't see a "rescue CD" spin, while the live CDs are useful, they are not optimal. Too early for complaining, I'm just reminding at the moment. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>