Re: nvidia for F9

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Chris Snook <csnook@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
lostson wrote:
On Wednesday 14 May 2008 07:56:11 am Schlueri wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 14.05.2008, 14:06 +0200 schrieb Jouk Jansen:
Hi all,

What is the status/expectation for the NVIDIA-3D-drivers for F9?
There are some problems with the NVIDIA drivers with xorg-server 1.5
(ATI drivers the same).

Only a nvidia beta driver has experimental support with some
restrictions:

:-(

Greetz
Dirk

 This was well known before the release of Fedora 9, it will probably take some time for nvidia to get the drivers setup and working right with the new version of xorg. There are some workarounds as well but for the most part people are gonna have to be patient.

 LostSon

Anyone know how nouveau is coming along in F9?  I just want dual-head and dpms to work.  I don't give a #$^% about 3D.

I have an nvs 280 casd and the nouveau drivers did not provide any dual-head support. Your milage may vary depending on your card.