Re: How can I change the login window?

Paul Smith wrote, On 05/14/2008 10:04 AM:
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Malcom. My /etc/inittab is below. How can I change the default
theme to the Circles one? In F8, there was a menu entry

System --> Login manager

(or something like that), but nothing in F9.
Your inittab just starts the program, the configuration for the program
itself sets how it looks.

Perhaps you need to install a configuration GUI to get that login
manager thingo back.  I don't know about Fedora 9, but prior versions
would also let you change some settings from the greeter itself.  I
think it was the F9 or F10 key that brought up a menu (at the point
where you'd be typing in a username or password to log in).

The question is: what rpm should I install to get the login manager
System menu entry back?

Paul

Perhaps this link will help (understand only).
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-May/msg00297.html

i.e. the login manager configuration program is GONE. You now have to edit the correct config file by hand.:)

--
Todd Denniston