Re: Slightly OT: FC9 i386 cd's

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 16:31 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> there is some irony i think in selling fedora cd's on the fedora list
> but maybe I am the only one that can see the humor in this: )

I can see the funny side, but I can also imagine there being lots of
people who can't download something that big, can't burn anything or
work out a way to boot to use an unburnt ISO install file, or can't find
anywhere local to get a disc in another way (whether that be buying it,
or doing some deal with a friend).

Over the years I've seen people offer to send discs out, and people
requesting them.  But the original post did say that they were
considering selling them on ebay.  And, also living in Australia, as the
original poster declared, I've rarely seen Linux discs on sale anywhere
around here.  The pocket books don't seem to be around any more, just
the occasional computer magazine with cover discs, which don't always
have the useful user-guides that the pocketbooks had.

I read messages from the public lists.