Re: upgrade from fedora core 6 to 9

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 11:44 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 13:00 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> >> I have noticed that there isn't much traffic about SELinux across this
> >> list.
> >
> > Perhaps not now, but in the past there's been conspiracy theories
> > abound, and lots of arguments for and against.
> >

> Dare I ask?

Oh please no, Max! <grins> It almost became the longest thread we've
ever had. Search the archives and it'll take you a week to read it all.
It only ended because the entire group became emotionally and
intellectually exhausted. In the end, nothing much came of it. Rahul
called in the SWAT team, Fedora is wedded to SELinux and that's that.
You can't remove it from a Fedora install with a crowbar. It was highly
educational though, but I doubt that anything is left to be said that
hasn't been discussed ad-nauseum already. To dare ask to revive any of
it would be an open invitation to a pile of net passive/aggressive
behaviors and, ergo, best avoided. <cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar