Re: A sneak peek at Fedora 9

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 20:56 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
This smells like flash.

Looks like it, too...  But what does flash smell like?  ;-)

It's hardly a "sneak peak," though.  You don't really get to see
anything of it, just a few screen shots.  You just watch this lecture
that goes on for about an hour and eighteen minutes, with some audience
members asking some questions that you can't hear.

You could have found out just as much by reading an article, and wasted
far less of your time doing so.

But I can't read an article and do something else, while I can listen (in)attentively, and when some feature comes up which matters to me, I can watch. Can't figure out how to get the image to go full screen, tho, need a magnifying glass for the slides. :-(

I have FC9beta with installs running in a virtual machine under kvm, and other than having lost my notes on how to make the VM outside accessible so I can test it as a server I'm happy. I installed the beta, then made a qcow copy for the updates as of May 9, then did a qcow copy of that to actually do my playing. So I can give the kids copies of the updates image and they can play in their own machines. Got to love kvm.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>