Re: Wpa_supplicant mystery

Dennis Gilmore wrote on Saturday 10 May 2008:

> > Each time the setup is more complex (no LAN DHCP, two WLAN cards or
> > WPA + PEAP/MSCHAPv2) my experience tells me that it simply can't do
> > it. (V0.6.7 on Ubuntu.) The non-existent documentation does not help
> > either.

> That NM is ancient,  Fedora-8's and 9's are much more flexible,  they
> support multiple devices.  including mobile broadband devices,  many
> more security options.

I'm eager to test it, but even NM V0.6.7 show me multiple devices and
pretends to manage them all. But once you chose one, NM always sets the
parameters on the first WLAN card.

I hope the newer version in F8/9 will show more convienient behaviour. :)

--
bye,
Adalbert

Elbonics, n.: The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a
movie theatre. -- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends