Re: Help Requested in Choosing a Power Linux Laptop/Notebook with Multimedia.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 19:33:19 -0400,
  max bianco <maximilianbianco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't tried it again but I used the whole drive on install of
> fedora originally and again to reinstall, so best guess is its in some
> sort of built onto the board mechanism, i'd try it again but my gf
> probably wouldn't appreciate me doing that on purpose a second time
> just to test a theory. I am pretty sure its built into the MOBO
> though.

How did you check that? Drives have a way of reserving space at the end, that
the installer wouldn't see. Unless you checked for this reserved space
explicitly, it wouldn't be noticeable.
For PATA drives you can use the program at:
http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/setmax.c
I don't know if the same feature is available for SATA or SCSI drives,
but if it is you will need a different tool to check them.