Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

max bianco wrote:

Adobe Flash is something I can't for the life of me figure out why
anyone would use. You can't kill the adds like you can with gnash and
it leaves a gaping security hole in everything it touches.

Because it is the closest thing we have to a universal video format. Pure
and simple, if I want to put out something like a "How to assemble" or a
video of a meeting, I could do wmv for the MS folk, and ogg for the Linux
folk, and {can't remember} for the Mac folk (I have a script for ffmpeg), or
I can do flash and everyone can use it.

If you want to communicate with others, and view their communication with
you, flash is the format to use.

If you never communicate with the outside world, it's optional.

Wouldn't it make sense for a universal video format to open?

You may not like that either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverlight

--
  Les Mikesell