Re: openldap + kmail

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> When I go to KAddressBook=>Settings=>Configure KAddressBook
> and click on LDAP Lookup=>Add Host,
> I give my DN as "dc=www,dc=xyz,dc=com".

I found in the end that what was wanted here
was the first part of the DN, in my case "DN: Address Book".
After giving that, I was able to access my LDAP address book
from KMail.

I do feel that the KAddressBook and KMail documentation -
in particular the Handbooks - are badly written.
If there had been a single example given in this case
it would have been obvious what the program was looking for.
One example is worth a thousand words.

This is all with Security: No .
To complete my homework, I'm trying to make sense of openldap + TLS.
But in the meantime I can live without that.
Hopefully Gerald Carter when he arrives will throw some light on this.

But thanks to all for their help.
I must write out what I have learned, although I found
"setting up an LDAP-server for use with kaddressbook"
at <http://www.hoernerfranzracing.de/kde/ldap.html> very useful.