Re: where can i find the default keyrings???

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Bradley Pursley <pursley001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> max bianco wrote:

> keyring

> > >  Your response was rude and very presuming and I take offense to it.
> > >  Here is why I need to know where the files are:
> > >
> > >  1)  I am the sole administrator for both machines that I have.
> > >  2)  I am the sole person who set them up and configured them but never
> set
> > > up any "keyring" passwords.
> > >  3)  The system started prompting me for the default keyring password,
> which
> > > was never set up, to save the network key for a wireless connection.
> > >  4)  No password ever used on the system works for the so-called
> "default
> > > keyring password".
> > >  5)  As such, I believe that the keyring file is corrupted and needs to
> be
> > > deleted and recreated, which means I need to know where they are.
> > >

> > You can take offense if you like, if you have the keyring manager
> > installed, it is a simple matter to delete the keyrings, if you have
> > even bothered to try, but it doesn't sound like it. Editing corrupted
> > files by hand, assuming they will even open is not likely to work,
> > IMHO. However google may enlighten you like it did me as to their
> > location if you take the time to use it that is. In addition you are
> > not the author of the original post as near as I can tell.
> >
> > Max
> >
>  (I'm going to ignore any further personal attacks)
>
>  Okay, I'll lay it out for you just so you'll stop making those false
> assumptions and yes, I was not the original author but was hoping for an
> answer to my problem.

A problem you never clearly stated. In the future perhaps you'll start
your own thread or explicity state what you have and have not done. My
assumptions are all that I have to go on, if you do not provide the
information then my imagination will do it for you. Glad you got it
working.

Max