Re: So Long and thanks for all the Fish

Nicholas Robinson wrote:
On Monday 28 April 2008 15:49:35 Croombe F. Pensom wrote:
As a Fedora user since Core 3, I can't make out what all the fuss is
about. I've never had problems with any Fedora number (I am now on FC 8)
and have never noticed the apparent drawbacks list by Charles Curly.

I have a home-built system using an Asus mother board, Celeron 3.2 GHz
processor, 2 SATA drives, built-in video, Iomega 250 Zip, two Samsung
laser printers (one color, one black), a Canon i860 ink-jet printer (for
photos), a Canon LiDE 25 scanner, a USB 40 Gby HD for backups etc., and
an ADSL link to Internet (thanks to Ma Bell). I have also installed
Fedora in various flavors on much smaller systems down to 233 MHz
processor, 10 Gby HD, primitive video with great success as I can pick
and choose which packages I install. I have never had any download
problems with the updates and think that regular updates means that the
Fedora people are on their toes.

In the past I have tried : Ubuntu, Knoppix, SuSE, DSL, Mint and a few
others but always get back to Fedora due to its ease of use and friendly
user interface. Any "problems" I have had have been associated with
glitches in applications rather than Fedora and its kernel etc.. With
the minor exception of trying to get my 56 k modem working for fax : I
still can't fathom this one out and neither can a couple of local gurus
who have been summoned to help me!

I am now looking forward to the official Fedora 9 but, as I've found out
from previous difficulties, I shall do a re-install rather than an
update as this seems to work more reliably.

CroombeFP

--
This e-mail produced entirely under Linux. Absolutely NO M$ products have
been used.

I'm glad I'm not the only one left bemused by this thread. Are they all using the same system as you and me?

If as much effort was put forward to actually 'leaving' as has been put into the 'I am leaving' and the 'me too' posts this thread would have died days ago. ;-)

--

  David