Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

Tim wrote:
Tim:
A big company taking the moral stand versus a handful of users taking an
opposite moral stand.  Guess which one wins?

Francis Earl:
I don't see how setting up livna, or complaining about the contents
therein not being in Fedora is a moral stand? It's just lazy and/or
ignorant.

Do I really need to spell it out?  In the red corner we have a company
that has taken a stand on what they will and won't do.  In the blue
corner we have a user that has taken a stand that if the system doesn't
do what they think it should do, to hell with them...

Both sides are posturing about principles, but he's no David, and
Goliath isn't disturbed.

The true difference here is that 'the company' can be sued for doing things that are illegal. And they, 'the company', chose not to do those things. And that they also have standards and principles that they chose to follow. Clearly stated. Open to view. Often repeated.

The user is unhappy about that and knows of other distributions that don't care if they do things that are illegal and that don't have standards and principles. The user, if he wishes to remain with Fedora, should either deal with what 'this distribution' choses to do, following the laws and their principles, and quietly deal with these minor problems. They really are minor to those that know what they are doing in Linux. Or to those that can read, comprehend, and follow simple directions.

Or the user could chose to move on to those distributions that don't care if they do things that are illegal and that have no standards and no principles.

These seems like really, really simple solutions. Either way the user choses to decide.
--

  David