Nix package manger and fedora - anyone have experience?

Hi,

I've been looking at the nix package manager, http://nixos.org/about.html.  It seems like it has all kinds of benefits.  The main drawbacks I see are the extra space (not a big deal these days) and the lack of extensive repositories.  In exchange it would never be necessary to do upgrades again as they would be incremental.  And instantly able to be rolled back.  Dependencies are very explicit, so there are no more update dependency issues.  The main thing is it seems like it would be very easy to have any package at the latest revision without affecting anything else on the system.

Has anyone used it with Fedora, and what was your experience?  Before I invest a lot of time, if someone has already found a showstopper, I won't bother.  I was thinking of experimenting with it as a hybrid system, basics from Fedora, exotics using nix.  Maybe a migration over time.

Actually, if you have used it at all, I would be interested in your take.  Or even if you haven't but have some insight.

Thanks.

If you want to research this further, here are a couple of links.

http://nixos.org/releases/nix/nix-0.11/manual/

http://igitur-archive.library.uu.nl/dissertations/2006-0118-200031/index.htm