Re: Fedora Installation Problems

Sushant Vengurlekar wrote:
Hi

I don't have any IDE drives. But just as a note. I tried installing
ubuntu to see if it's a Linux issue and Ubuntu installed fine on both
machines. So I am guessing Fedora is missing some drivers. How can I fix
this?

If you can figure out which drivers you need, you can "add" them via external media during the install process, though you may need to use an advanced install. I was able to give a URL to networked drivers (I think it was a fixed anaconda installer) during my FC5->F8 upgrade on my home server. It got further along, but because of the nature of the problem, I ended up punting and just upgrading the packages by hand. Yes, it was a long involved process, but I eventually got a working F8 system out of it and things got back to normal relatively quickly once I got all of my "features" working again.

Thanks

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx