Re: Fedora Installation Problems

This probably due to the sata drives...

Did you try installing on a pata drive ?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:06:55 -0700
"Sushant Vengurlekar" <svengurlekar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

svengurlekar> From: "Sushant Vengurlekar" CleanCleanDocumentEmailMicrosoftInternetExplorer4Hi
svengurlekar>
svengurlekar> I was trying to install Fedora on my Home PC which has three partitions on it. One has WinXP on it and other is just a Data partition. The drive is a SATA Drive. When I reach the step which has the various partitions option on it the Fedora installer cannot recognize the drive. So I cannot go ahead. Did any one face such a problem? I was trying to install Fedora 8.
svengurlekar>
svengurlekar> I also tried installing FC8 on another machine which is a Dell Dimension 5150 which also has a Sata drive on it with 3 partitions one being for data and another for WINXP. On this machine the installer hangs after the vmlinuz and the initrd lines on Ready and doesn&#8217;t go ahead. Tried using the normal installation and text installation option but same problem.
svengurlekar>
svengurlekar> Thanks
svengurlekar> Sushant
svengurlekar>