Re: Fedora Desktop future- RedHat moves

On Thursday 24 April 2008 20:09, Les wrote:
> My current case in point is the experience I just had with F8, where the
> window for install options was upgrade, install with format in text or
> graphic mode, but to do a clean install without formatting you had to
> know to choose the option to review the partitioning scheme.  The ideal
> place should have been on the install options window, with an install
> without formatting option, or even a bit of clear text explaining how to
> accomplish the install without formatting.

Even when we do speak the same language, there are other factors.  The stress
level during an install for instance.  I've done many installs, mostly of
Mandriva and a couple of Fedora, but when doing this last Fedora I couldn't
see where that custom partitioning was done.  Crazy, but stress overcame
reason.  It really does need to be more obvious.

And talking about it in a thread like this will get us nowhere, as the
developers and maintainers all gave up reading it days ago.

Anne