Re: low power tv

Ed Greshko wrote:
g wrote:

also, you should have a look at part 15.??? that it refers to.

I am not sure what your obsession is with FCC part 15 is. If you look at almost any manual for a Wifi Access Point you'll find a reference to the device being tested and in compliance with the FCC part 15 regulations. My DLink even goes so far as to explain "These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation......".

However, you probably should be less glib in your assertion that no town approval are required.

I'm pretty comfortable in the "operation" end not needing town approval, clearly whoever the owner of the tower is must permit installation, and I read the location as being in open country, where you have your own water tower so you don't have to pump the well to flush the john, so I may have overlooked that requirement.

> I seem to recall the OP saying the intention is
to mount it on a water tower. Also, the device being mounted is going to be supplying a service and the town may have regulations in this area...sometimes call an ordinance. Many towns have tons of ordinances that include things like how your sidewalk must be maintained, how your tree branches can extend over another's property, how high your flag pole is and if your kids can set up a lemon aide stand.

IANAL but I have a hard time believing that a town would try to block otherwise lawful low power radio, or would be able to write a law which didn't include WiFi and garage door openers. If the service is a "business" which charges for a service it provides, business laws come in (again you point out a possible problem), but if everyone buys their own and just agrees on use... it would be like all getting CB radios and agreeing to talk on a channel, or all connect to a chat room. A really bad law could cover mailing lists as well, and there are more bad lawyers than house flies in some places.

IMHO, checking the local ordinances is much more important that trying to look up what FCC part 15 is all about

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>