Re: low power tv

g wrote:

Tom Poe wrote:
www.ubnt.com offers Nanostation2 "radio" that creates wireless cloud up
to 15 kilometers.  That sounds like the perfect way to broadcast live
interactive tv shows (think neighborhood videoconferencing).  Anyone
doing this with Fedora operating system and whatever other software needed?

not to put a damper on your 'find', but;

in u.s.a. there is what is know as 'fcc', in england, i believe it is postal
service, that have regulations regarding 'power output' and range.

i would check further before getting hope up too high.

Clearly you didn't look at the web page, which lists the FCC approvals.

But this is not a TV transmitter, it is an alternative to WiMax for middle range network connections, over which you could run any of the streaming protocols. Fedora supports receiving them, presumable it can send as well.

I suggest going to slashdot and searching for intel+wifi and look at the distances and bandwidth they got out of cheap WiFi and some antennae and software fixes. I don't know if you would find it useful, but you should know about it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>