Re: Firefox, flash, web page: Who's fault?

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've been noticing this a lot lately, and I wonder where to point the
>> finger:
>>
>>  A web page will have a row of mouse-over menus. That row will be
>> located
>>  on the page over an area with flash content.
>>
>>  If I mouse over the menu, the menu gets drawn underneath the $#@! flash
>>  content.
>>
>>  For example, I just checked si.com and saw this happen.
>>
>>  Is firefox screwing up the window stacking order? Is flash screwing up
>>  the window stacking order? Are web page designers ignoring something
>>  they are supposed to specify? I don't even know who to blame :-).
>>

> You can easily debug this problem by disabling flash. Go to the
> /usr/lib/firefox.2.0.0.1x/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
> directory, rename or move libflashplayer.so, restart Firefox, type
> "about:plugins" in the location bar to verify flash is disabled, and
> go to si.com to see if your problem goes away.

I see this too. It is frustrating. I don't see it in IE or in Firefox on a
windows box. If you disable flash, the dropdown menus work fine. The
answer I always got was that the flash code is wrong. I would love to have
a more complete answer that would allow me to get it fixed. In at least
one instance, I am in a position to get the flash code modified.

CaptainVic