Re: Upgrading from F7-x86_64 to F8-i386

Markus Kesaromous writes:

I would like to use yum to upgrade from Fedora 7 x86_64
to Fedora 8 (or 9, if I can be patient) i386. Is this possible?

Not really.

How?

Your best bet is to just to back up your data, then do a clean install.

Please dont ask my why I want to do this!
I have had it with yum installing both i386 AND x86_64
versions of same library,

Oh, please. One setting in /etc/yum.conf will fix this. Did this three years ago, never had to worry about it.

                           lack of support in many apps for
64 bit, yara...yara...etc.

Dunno about that. Except for flash, I never had any problems like that.