Re: fedora 9 pre release

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 18 April 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
lostson wrote:
 Hey All
 I loaded the f9 pre release today and there is no system-config-soundcard
where has this gone ?
Removed. Refer

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-March/msg02148.html

If your sound card doesn't work out of the box, file a bug report.

Rahul

And for those of us who use the onboard sound for skype/ekiga/etc, and another GOOD pci card for everrything else, there should be a reminder to save ones modprobe.conf someplace safe, cuz I'll bet you a 12 pack f9 will screw that up royally. One size does not fit all, Rahul. Never will.

Read the mailing list post. system-config-soundcard isn't your answer anyway. If you have to manually configure your soundcard for any program intended for desktop usage, that is just broken. Preferences are configured in your desktop environment. Both GNOME and KDE has one.

Rahul