Re: Alcor Micro USB Card Reader

R. G. Newbury wrote:
I installed an Alcor Micro USB card reader in my desktop machine. lsusb reports it as:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1 Flash Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)

Googling produced some pages which imply that this unit is handled by the kernel and a module.

I cannot find, anywhere, the name of the module and the unit is unusable.
Help?
Geoff

I don't know your specific unit, but all the ones I have run into use the usb_storage module. It will appear as 1 or more SCSI drives to the system. Most cards will auto-mount off of on a mount point off of /media.

You may want to take a look /var/log/message when you plug the reader in if you are using it externally.

Mikkel