Re: OpenOffice.org & Publisher Documents

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 19:19 -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Tony Crouch wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I was wondering if anyone knows of an add-in for OpenOffice (or another
> > programme altogether) that will allow you to open MS Publisher
> > documents?
>
> I think there are "pay for" products out there, but I couldn't find
> anything for Linux out there last August when I last had the need.  And
> there is no "viewer" for them available from MS either.  I ended up
> downloading the 60 day free trial for Windows XP just to review what
> someone had created (yes, someone was willing to send me the .pub file,
> but it was more than they could handle to create a PDF of it and email
> that to me instead).

So you used a viewer for Windows then? Or Office?

They're absolute shits the way they do that. I have a 3rd party program
(for Windows only) which uses pub files. It was a program put together
from a non-profit organisation, which makes you think they would use a
more open solution... Silly me! Now I have to find a way to convert the
files to something else that everyone can read.