Re: Before I spend hours screwing around with Mplayer and Xine -- some advice please ?

Williams,

  I've always been using Xine since FC1 'till 7
successfully. I got everyting from freshmeat.net and
worked for me, all the plug-ins I would need as well
as the needy ones for *.wmv essential-20061022.tar.bz2
which I downloaded from somewher (google it) and
unpack on /usr/lib & rename it /usr/lib/win32. Since
then, I install xine-lib, quicktime &
essential-20061022.tar.bz2 and use kaffeine as a front
end. It works nicer than xine itself with all kind of
media cd's & DVD's. I even use it on my laptop to play
all my collections of *.ogg files which by the way
have better quality than mp3's. Hope this will help

Sincerely,