Re: looking for thread about backup using ssh -T

I prefer rsync over ssh but you need ssh keys, here example:
$ rsync -avz -e ssh remoteuser@remotehost:/remote/dir /this/dir/

http://troy.jdmz.net/rsync/index.html

I hope help you.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Mike Wright <mike.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

There was a fascinating thread about using ssh to do backups to a remote host without using a term.  Something like:

   "tar jc some_dir | ssh -T user@remote cat > backup"

Tried the examples and then some --- works great!

I seem to have fat-fingered the delete key and have lost that email thread and try for the life of me can't find it again.

Anybody with a better memory than me (probably everybody) remember it?

TIA,
Mike Wright :m)