Issues with rsyslog with database logging on fedora 8

Has anyone experienced the following on Fedora 8?

I have rsyslog logging to a PostgreSQL database.

Every Sunday, rsyslog gets into a state where it stops working. This appears to occur some time after log rotation, and log files are all empty from about 4am sunday, up until such a time where I restart rsyslog.

In addition, any running applications which have connections to the /dev/log socket appear to hang until rsyslog is killed off and restarted. Cron jobs also stop running.

This morning there were a lot of hung sendmail and cron processes, and probably others. Only once I stopped/killed and then restarted rsyslog did these processes become unstuck. This is becoming the typical Sunday procedure with my current rsyslog configuration.

I have also tried various versions of the rsyslog packages from fedora, with the same results with every package.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Cheers,

Dan