Re: tfpd/in.tftpd problem

max wrote:
Wink Saville wrote:
Yesterday I installed rawhide and installed tftpd.
When anther computer tries to access a file in /tftpboot
my computer returns a packet that wireshark interprets as:

"Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)"
<snip>

To possibly help others. It is now working, I did
two things, using Applications -> System Tools ->
SELinux Management I disabled SELinux instead of using
permissive mode.

Second, using System -> Administration -> Firewall
I added port 69, both udp and tcp to the "Other Ports".
Then external tftp reqeusts for a file worked.

Wink Saville

You should get it working with SELinux enabled.

Max

I've turned on SELinux and all is well so, as Alan Cox said, it
appears the problem I was having was with the Firewall.

Is there a gentle introduction to SELinux?

Wink