Re: some attack to fedora machine .

Da Rock wrote:

I'm not sure anyone's pointed this out as yet (not from what I've read
though), but the very fact there's a window$ box on the network is a
risk in itself. Window$ maybe Window$, and *nix *nix, but because window
$ is not as secure it is possible to gain use this to gain a foothold
and attack the *nix machine from the relative comfort of an armchair...

Given the monstrous number of attacks and exploits for M$ products it is
really a risk which can't be ignored. I'd be adjusting all possible
settings NOT to trust the M$ box- only if it can't be removed from the
scene altogether. And thats not just a hate/revenge thing.

Something to be aware of on dual boot machines, especially if you have the ext3 driver installed in Windows, is that if Windows is compromised, it can affect the Linux system. Chances are, it will take an active attack, rather then an automated one, but it is possible.

Mikkel