Re: RealPlayer10 no sound

Hm. My first thought was "figure out which RPM your realplayer comes
from, and remove that". But on my F8 system:

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/realplay
file /usr/bin/realplay is not owned by any package

I can't recall how I installed it, so I do a little checking:

$ cd /usr/bin/
$ ls -la realplay
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 2007-04-05 23:08 realplay ->
/usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay
$ rpm -qf /usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay
RealPlayer-10.0.8.805-20060718

Ah. So I suggest you run

$ rpm -e RealPlayer

to remove the old one.

If you installed RealPlayer from their installer, not from an RPM,
then you have a harder problem, but I think if you just manually
remove /usr/local/RealPlayer and make sure the plugin is not hidden
somewhere in /usr/lib/firefox you should be OK.

pj