Re: re-exporting an NFS filesystem

Alastair Neil wrote:
2008/4/7 Chris Kottaridis <chriskot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 Is it possible to re-export an NFS file system ?

 So, if I am a client with an NFS mount point, can I export that mount point
and then have some other host nfs mount my mount point ?

 I was pretty sure the answer is no, but I don't know why not. Is there some
RFC somewhere that indicates that this is not part of NFS design to do that
?

 Thanks
     Chris Kottaridis    (chriskot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Not with the kernel nfs server, but I am told there are some user
space nfs servers that will let you do this.  You can export the file
systems with samba and afp.

Of course, if you do this, it had better be read-only everywhere, or else you'll get some rather interesting data corruption.

-- Chris