Re: kdenlive on fedora? (best video editor missing from fedora)

On Tue April 8 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I have Mint Linux (Ubuntu) also installed so I tried there and I got
> Kdenlive to compile but it crashes on every command I tried. It
> imports files but it crashes if I try to do anything with them :(
> I don't understand how Dan Sawyer could claim that it is rock solid :(
> But still it could be my error in compiling some part and it still
> would be great to see kdenlive as a package in rpmfusion
> repositories...
> I'll drop them a note.

Glad to see you trying. I couldn't stand that podcast you posted and never got
through all the stuff at the beginning to listen to the video discussion, so
I don't know what Dan said there, but, here's a very recent article by him
where he makes clear what he likes about Kdenlive and what it's limitations
are:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9931

Apparently, he did manage to edit a long-form HDV dance project with it when
he was stuck with no other tools to do the job and it got the job done. He
doesn't speak to what he actually did in the edit, but given what else he
says about the limitations of Kdenlive currently, it was probably a fairly
basic project.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA