To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: kdenlive on fedora? (best video editor missing from fedora)

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Claude Jones <cjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday April 7 2008 3:10:15 pm Valent Turkovic wrote:
 > I would understand that kind of comment from somebody who
 > doesn't use and video tools - as you suggested a BLAG
 > maintener. But when I heat it from Dan Sawyer who is a Linux
 > writer and does professional video production then that is
 > completely different story. He did claim that you need to
 > compile kdenlive from source in order to make new features
 > work because in older releases you couldn't even separate
 > audio from video. Also video framework MLT that kdenlive uses
 > has gone through mayor changes in past few months.
 > BLAG linux is over year old and stuck at fedora 7 release so I
 > wouldn't give them a look if they don't plan to update to F9.
 >
 > So I would love to try for myself and see how kdenlive looks
 > and works. If a linux video professional says that kdenlive is
 > great I guess he knows what he is taking about because he is
 > putting his money where his mouth is and using it in
 > production.
 >
 > I have been to cinelerra workshop and love it! But I would
 > also try other tools if somebody packages it for fedora.

 You're making many claims. Do you know Jeff Moe? BLAG
 deliberately stays behind Fedora by a version for solid reasons.
 It tries to be a slighly 'late' Fedora that just works, and it
 features compiled versions of many A/V programs that aren't
 available elsewhere - that's changing now, but, they were in
 front of the curve in many areas for awhile.

 I don't know Dan Sawyer so I can't speak to him, but there are
 many Linux video writers and many claiming to do 'professional
 video production' -- if he claims he's doing professional video
 on Kdenlive, I would like to see that, but until I do...

I admit I'm not too familiar with BLAG or Jeff Moe, and I didn't say
anything as a fact just as my personal observation. I was on BLAG
forums and I don't see almost anything happening there, and that they
don't have dates on their posts doesn't help also :(
I'll keep an eye on BLAG a bit more. Does anybody know why aren't they
making their packages available for livna or RPM Fusion?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/