Re: NetworkManager: a tale of two laptops

One other small point.
This FAQ says "If NetworkManager isn't connecting to the network you want,
try to force it to connect to the network you wish to be connected, and NetworkManager will remember that setting next time."
Actually, that is not the case on my laptop, elizabeth.
I have entered the information for wrt many times,
but I am never offered that AP.

That is because you haven't successfully connected to wrt yet on elizabeth. NM will only remember successful connects AFAIK.

cheers Chris