Re: Fedora Repositories

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:25 -0400, Osama Mahdi wrote:

> which repositories should I enable please ? because I enabled many of
> them and I am facing some problems with that, so now I need to know the
> default ones.

For what?  Just ordinary use of the computer, as it was originally
installed?  For use with additional repos for extra software?  Are you
compiling software and need development repos?  Are you testing out the
absolute latest versions of packages, and want testing repos?

Ordinary users want the fedora and fedora-updates enabled, and the
development and testing repos disabled.  More adventurous users might be
using the development and/or testing repos.

If you need to get drivers for NVidia or ATI cards, then you might be
using Livna *or* ATrpms repos.  One or the other, not both, unless
you're really good at untangling messes.  Again, unless you're very
adventurous, you wouldn't want any testing or development repos
associated with either of them.

If you want Macromedia Flash, you might have the Adobe repo.

Those are the few more common ones that I can think of, just off the top
of my head.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.