Re: 2.6.24.x kernel crash when swap used

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 03/04/2008, Peter McNeil <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jonathan Underwood wrote:

On 02/04/2008, Peter McNeil <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

 Any Ideas what might be happening? Surely it can't just be my
machine???

Well, if you give a little more detail about the test you're running I
can try and reproduce it on similar hardware - what's "stress" ?

J.

 Stress is a stress testing program, however *anything* that fills up
physical memory and needs swap causes the problem for me (I'm a java
developer so my IDE and a few other programs can do that).

 You may have memhog installed, if you have say 2GB memory then try memhog
2g and it will begin filling up memory, that should do it.

Am currently sat at a x86_64 pentium D machine with 1GB ram. I did
memhog 1g, which didn't trigger the bug you see. I also did stress
--vm 32, which clobbered the machine while I went for coffee, but also
didn't trigger the bug. This is with kernel  2.6.24.4-64.fc8. Tomorrow
I can try on a pentium core 2 duo machine with 2G ram.

Thanks for that, just installed and tried 2.6.24-64.fc8, and the same error is triggered on my machine.