Re: 2.6.24.x kernel crash when swap used

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 02/04/2008, Peter McNeil <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
 Any Ideas what might be happening? Surely it can't just be my machine???

Well, if you give a little more detail about the test you're running I
can try and reproduce it on similar hardware - what's "stress" ?

J.

Stress is a stress testing program, however *anything* that fills up physical memory and needs swap causes the problem for me (I'm a java developer so my IDE and a few other programs can do that).

You may have memhog installed, if you have say 2GB memory then try memhog 2g and it will begin filling up memory, that should do it.

Cheers,
Peter.