Re: ssh only after login

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 13:00 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
I did not disable the Network startup in the boot process (at least I
see the "error no cable connected" message often).

Every time you get that message, the network won't connect until you log in. Of course, if the cable _was_ plugged in, you should be able to ssh.

You should, if you are using NM.  Or disable NM if you are using the
network service.

Actuallly, I've found that NM still works quite well even if eth0 has been enabled during bootup. Exactly for the same reason as Christoph - to SSH remotely while no user is logged in.
But maybe that's just me :)