Re: ssh only after login

Christoph Höger wrote:
I'm seeing something really strange on my F8 notebook.

When I use it as a secondary computer (ca. 1m away on my desk) I'm just
too lazy to go to it for doing something.
So in common I just ssh over to it. But when I do that now, I got "no
route to host" if I'm not logged in locally.
As soon as I log in, everything works.
Is that some kind of NM-configuration bug?
I would suppose ssh to work, when no one is logged in already, as that
is, what I tend to do: log in.

I've disabled "Activate device when computer starts" for my eth0, in favor of using NM, instead. In this case, the network adapter will not be enabled until you log in. NM should work just fine if you leave that enabled, but the laptop might take more time during bootup to get an IP from DHCP (that is, if the cable is not plugged in, it will wait until it times out)